Sunday, August 04, 2013

Knowledge

Knowledge

I just picked up a book called Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki. I had read this book many years ago, but this time I started to understand what the author was trying to convey to his readers. I am now starting to put some of his principals into practice. I know that my life is going to change from now on as I am now aware of the things that I need to change in the way that I am spending my money as well as my energies.

I am starting to realize that the knowledge that we were all taught in school was mostly wasted as most of us use very little of what we learned in school in our every day lives. Don't get me wrong I do believe in the learning that we get in schools as it teaches us how to learn other subjects that are important to our personal lives.

History is an important subject but for some reason even though we learned in school what the results were of previous civilizations we do the same thing over and over again. I guess that is where the saying "history repeats its self" comes from.

In science and physics, at least when I went to school we learned a lot of theories of how things worked. Some of those theories have been replaced by new theories as our technology and knowledge increases. A theory is only someones idea as to how something works and is not necessarily a fact. I see this all the time in my research for free energy devices. It seems that everyone, especially scientists have a great need to be able to explain how it works. If the device does not fall into the current theories of the day then the device can not possibly work even though they have a working model of the device in front of them. 

Another good example of how our knowledge has evolved is at one time people thought that the earth was flat and if you sailed out in the ocean too  far you would fall off the edge of the world.

Knowledge is of very little value unless you use it. I have many personal friends that want their lives to be different but for some reason never change anything that they are presently doing. They read books and learn how to change their lives so that they can achieve their life's goals and then for some reason they do not follow through. Their newly learned knowledge was of little value to them.

My theory from observing people and their behaviours over the last 50 years is that most people have a great fear of changing their life patterns even though the change would enable them to reach their goals.

A salesman would get very few sales if he did not overcome his call reluctance and call on prospective customers. The salesman had to first change his or her thinking, to overcome their fears before they can proceed. This is the same thing that all of us has to do to make a change in our lives.

Almost every week you see on the news this company's  or that company's employees are on strike. The employee's for the most part believe that it is the company that is to blame for them not having enough money, or holidays, or benefits, etc. The question is it? In the country that I live in we are not told that we have to work at this job or that job but still a large percentage of employees never change their jobs all of their working lives. 

I personally have a very hard time understanding this type of thinking or reluctance to change. A lot of people live in one city for all of their adult lives unless their jobs or a natural disaster require them to move.
 
When we first moved into a motorhome there was a lot of people that we met were so envious of our decision, did anyone change their lifestyle and follow us on the road? No one ever did they did not want to give up their security and all the things that they had accumulated over the years.  No two people love exactly the same life style when it comes down to it. But I have no idea why there are so many people living the same life style and yet are not really happy.

A lot of people have been reading this blog from all around the world, and I really have no idea how many of those readers are really just researching alternative energy ore are really working on an alternative energy device of their own.

If any one is working on an alternative energy device let me know so that I can either find articles pertaining to your experiments and post them.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.